Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oops! I SHOULD feel guilty...I think...

So Baby has been waking up a LOT more lately. We're talking the last two weeks, not the last two days...and we're talking he's been waking up every two hours...It's been, um, difficult to say the least. I think it was the worst when yesterday I found myself falling over while standing doing nothing because I was so tired... That's problematic.
Point being: I go to bed at 11:00 last night (waited up for Hubby to get home and then took my shower, talked to him for a few minutes and crashed). I woke up right before 5:00 freaking out. Baby had been asleep since 10:00 (went down right after 7:00, but woke up about 9:00 and went back to sleep at about 10:00)...That's the longest stretch I ever remember (I remember being gladly terrified when 5-6 hour stretches started happening rarely)...so I start freaking out and wake Hubby thinking Baby is dead...And what does Hubby do? He reaches over and shows me that the monitor ISN'T EVEN PLUGGED IN!!! Granted, I wake up at the slightest noise LO makes (although I can apparently sleep right through the tornado sirens...), but he could've been screaming for 2 hours whilst I was drifting through cloudless dreams!
I wonder honestly if that happened, though, because the monitor has been turned off once before and I still heard LO through the walls...but it just seems so odd that he'd randomly choose tonight to sleep that long after going through a stretch of sleeping so little stretches at night, right? I'll admit that I'm somewhat upset that the monitor was off. It shouldn't be off ever. I want to make sure LO knows I'll be there if/when he needs me... But then again, I'm somewhat uber-grateful to get that many hours of sleep at once. Should I feel guilty? I do a little, but in the back of my mind, I'm wondering if I can "try" that again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment