Thursday, September 1, 2011

What a trickster

So my good friends Amber and Phil helped me move my last two furniture items out of the house. It was Thursday and I'm supposed to be closing on the house either Tuesday or Thursday of this upcoming week (fingers crossed). So, for the time being, I'm still sleeping on my cocoon air mattress (it turns into a cocoon by the time I awaken because it has a slight leak...but I'm fine with it; it's sorta homey) and Gabriel is now sleeping in his pack'n'play (which, after 19 months I finally bought a cover for...and found a great deal on an organic one that's uber soft). So when we get home from daycare today, I'm prepping dinner and Gabriel is scarily quiet (which normally means he's doing something bad). So I seek him out and find him playing happily (and quietly) in his room. Okay. Whatever. I'll totally take it. I don't realize until I'm "rocking" him (since the rocker/glider is no longer in the house, I "rock" him while sitting on an ottoman)...that his "playing quietly" actually means he was putting all of the (maybe twenty small) toys into his pack'n'play. Yes, he only has a few little things, like rubber duckies and mega bloks, etc in the house b/c most of the stuff is moved out. But he made a point to put as many toys as possible into his pack'n'play so they'd be waiting for him come nighttime. It was hilarious. I burst out laughing. And scared the poor child...
P.S. I do let him keep Mr Glo while sleeping, his fuzzy monster blanket, and I now let him keep his favorite B car in his crib/now pack'n'play. It was just hilarious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment