Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm so absurd to be stressed about solids

I'll admit. I'm not so great about making decisions. I take FOREVER to weigh the pros and cons and then once I make the decision, I simply go for it (but always wonder in the back of my mind if it's right or not). Somehow, it's easier to stick to the harder decisions than the easy ones. Before Gabriel was born, I'd planned to exclusively breastfeed him until at least 6-8 months. Now he's about 4.5 months and I'm considering letting him have some cereal for the first time. We have a very small stockpile of food I've started for him, but I just keep going back and forth. Different studies show different things, but I'm not TOO concerned about allergies, as Chris and I have none, but still... Gabe has started being very interested in us eating (although he's interested in just about everything we do) so I gave him a spoon to "play" with while we eat, which he LOVES to put in his mouth (but, once again, he does that with everything). He's already past double his birthweight, so that's one milestone and he loves rolling around, but isn't sitting up totally unassisted yet. On the one hand, I want to let him try it and then wouldn't push it if he wasn't interested/didn't like it and I'd wait a few weeks. I'm excited to try simply because I think it will be fun and I'm excited to try to make some of his own food and excited to not be so obsessed with how much I'm producing b/c there will be solids to fall back on. On the other hand, we cloth diaper and I don't want to have to start using disposable liners, and I don't want him to develop allergies and me think it was b/c I started him on solids too soon... Our family is taking two vacations this summer and I don't want to start right before, in between, or right after the vacations b/c I think it would be too many changes at once. So pretty much we're going to start him on solids by Friday, or we'll wait until a week or two after the last vacation, which will be around 8 months... I still have yet to decide fully what I want to do, but I surprise myself by being so absurd sometimes!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment