Thursday, April 30, 2009

Starting to understand

So I'm finally starting to understand. People have been slightly taken aback when I don't react how they think I should when the news is released about the pregnancy...And I finally think I know why.

#1 You should know that I am extremely ecstatic.

#2 I think the reactions have been tame because I haven't had a chance to thouroughly process this new development yet. Granted, we had the time where we were trying...and I pre-processed what I could at that time, but since we actually saw a test that was positive, I haven't really had time to myself when there hasn't been 5,000 things that NEED to get done and/or I'm asleep. And I NEED my time to work through things. Otherwise, I tend to totally blow up at the oddest times. Chris knows. I just need time to focus and think through things. Otherwise I'm totally psychotic. Plus, I'm not so much a center of attention person. And now there's a cazillion people all asking me questions and looking for responses.
It feels like my brain is 3 miles wide and our baby is getting pushed to the back until I can actually focus, you know?

Anyway, I just wanted to verify. I don't feel I have the energy to focus on it just yet...and all of the focus on me makes the pressure get worse. I'm excited for the weekend. Finish my garden. Clean the house. Maybe work on a house project or two. Revise my final assignment yet again. Actually sit down and work through issues with the baby (with myself). And to be able to sit down with Chris and discuss all of the different things we really need to discuss sooner rather than later.

Plus, we found a crib and matching changing table (the style I like) second-hand on Craigslist and it's in good condition and Chris and Jeremy brought it to the house today for $75! It was such a blessing. I haven't been able to find "my" style of changing table anywhere. It's just not the "in" thing I guess, but it's what I wanted. And we got these for cheap! I'm just fine using second-hand things and am SO glad we were able to find this. Now I just really need to finish remodeling hte second bedroom and closet, you know? Now it's time to contain the excitement again...and yet keep just enough of it to keep me awake through the last hour of work. I wonder if Chris will pick me up...or walk the dogs up to get me? Either way would be awesome. I don't really wanna walk home alone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment