Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What?

#1 My dad called last night, but I was already asleep and so they (Dad and Chris) didn't want to wake me up...Sad face. But I did sleep much better last night. I still woke up 5-7 times, but was able to get back to sleep within 10 minutes each time (major blessing). Dad e-mailed me which was nice and then tried to call me while I was at work this morning...Doesn't it figure the call would be at one of the busiest random times, so I wasn't able to answer...and then a few tears squeezed their way out when I listened to his voice on the answering machine. I think he called my cell too, so I'm saving that message for when I'm alone and can actually cry if I wanna. Poor Jess (one of our grad students) walked up right as the tears started and my head was hanging and she was all worried and whatnot and offered me her office if I needed to cry. She's such a sweetheart. I was planning on getting her a chocolate bar with blueberries. I should remember that...

#2 I don't feel that tired today, although it's only 9:23, which is great!

#3 It looks like Chris and I will be able to meet up with some of his family for the 4th of July weekend, which I'm very excited about.

#4 How odd, but I ate 1 dark chocolate chip pancake this morning which was delicious...and then started eating my second one, but got two bites into it before it tasted not-as-good, so I gave it to Chris. And then I started doing my normal morning stuff and then saw our cat Kit Gizmo, so I had to pick her up and was walking around with her...and she didn't even smell bad, but all of the sudden I was running to the bathroom heaving...but it was just air, thank goodness and then went outside to the 30 degree weather (b/c the cold normally helps when my stomach's upset)... But how odd is that? Anyway, hope it was just a weird fluke.

#5 Dana gave me a card and gift last night that just about made my day (today when I was awake enough to start reading it...and the card was just about the best thing ever!) Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. You know what...just read the weird fluke part again, and now knowing what type of not-fluke it was, this story makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete